If you like our work and you wish to join and support us, all you have to do is very simple.
- First, you should read carefully the Hipatia First and Second Manifesto. This is a very important step because if you want to cooperate as one of the Hipatia presidents (more information below), the only important requirement is to follow these two.
- Second you should read the Hipatia Statute. There you will find all the information about how to become president and what are your qualities as one of us.
If after these two steps you still want to join us:
- download the application form from our resources page.
- fill it and then contact us through the apposite form. We will let you know how to proceed if you have doubts.
- send us an email, attaching the filled application form and a scan of your ID card, front and back (in png o jpeg format). Our bureaucrat will proceed with all the bureaucracy to register you. You do not have to pay any membership fee, but you are very welcome if you want to make a donation.
- Finally you are part of Hipatia!
After this boring bureaucracy, let's deal with the interesting part:
When you have been accepted after the Assembly approval you are a President of Hipatia. Yes, the interesting legal hack that we made is that even if we are under a statute Hipatia is not a pyramidal organization. Every member of Hipatia is a President and shares the same power and rights as all the others. In this way, we are a completely horizontal community with the concrete freedom to cooperate. You will be subscribed to the coordination mailing list, our official mean of communication. If you want to take action inside Guri, we will also provide you a full account to our website and wiki.
What you can do:
If you want to help us you can start by translating the application form in your language, if it doesn't already exists. Then you can for example:
- share our resources and documents and use them to promote the freedom of knowledge and free software. Modify them and release your improved versions
- organize events dealing with the topics of freedom of communication, speech, access to knowledge and in the IT field.
- organize shows of our videos, or lessons in your school...
Of course you can do these actions even if you are not part of Guri or Hipatia, because we share our material respecting your freedoms.